Treating Customers Fairly Policy
Manheim Auction Services
This document sets out the policy for handling and resolution of complaints. It has been designed to comply with the requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority, who authorise and regulate Manheim Limited.
This policy applies to Manheim Auction Centres in the UK.
- We want you to be confident that the fair treatment of our customers is central to our corporate culture whenever you deal with us
- Any products and services marketed by us to private consumers will be designed to meet their needs
- We will provide you with clear information before, during and after the sale of any of our products and services
- Any advice that Manheim provide as part of our regulated activities will be suitable and take account of individual circumstances
- We will make every effort to deliver products and services that perform as we have led our customers to expect, and any service is of an acceptable standard
- You will not face unreasonable barriers to making a complaint or claim
Listening to Our Customers
Your views are important to us. We are committed to providing you with a first-class service and effectively delivering the products and services you need.
Even with the best of intentions, we know things can go wrong. So, if for any reason you are not entirely satisfied with any aspect of our service, please let us know as soon as possible. We’ll investigate, and where necessary, set about putting things right as quickly as possible. We will also look to take steps to avoid similar problems happening in the future.
Step 1 – Contact us – we’re here to help
For Auctions branches, please contact the General Manager at the relevant auction centre. For Vendor Accounts, please refer to your Account Manager in the first instance.
Our response process – we will:
- Provide an email or verbal acknowledgement of your complaint within 24 hours.
- We will own and respond to your complaint with an aim to resolve within 24 hours at branch level.
- In the event that we are unable to resolve your complaint within this timescale, or you are unhappy with the resolution offered, this will then move onto Step 2.
Step 2 – If you are unhappy with our initial response to your complaint.
We always aim to resolve your concerns in the first instance. If you consider that our response to your complaint does not fully address your issues, please let us know so we can understand if there is anything more we can do. Please contact our Customer Complaints Team, details on our website and below.
Email – Customer Complaints Team at UKCA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us - Manheim Customer Complaints Team, Central House, Rothwell, Leeds, LS26 0JE
Telephone - Our Customer Contact Centre is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm on 0113 393 2001
Our Complaints Team response process – will be:
- We will provide an email or verbal acknowledgement of your complaint within 24 hours, excluding weekends and bank holidays.
- Provide details of who will be dealing with your complaint and how you can contact them.
- Advise how long we think it will take us to investigate your complaint.
- Aim to resolve your complaint within 72 hours of the complaint being made, excluding weekends and bank holidays.
We hope that you never need to progress beyond step 1 or 2 as we will make every effort to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. Where you are not satisfied with our final response, or eight weeks have passed since you first raised your complaint, you have the option to escalate your complaint to the Head of Client Experience or the National Operations Director, who will conduct a full investigation into your complaint.
Our response process will then re-commence and will be led by the Central Complaints Team.
- We will provide an email or verbal acknowledgement of your complaint within two working days and provide details of who will be dealing with your complaint at Manheim and how you can contact them.
- We will advise how long we think it will take us to investigate your complaint and aim to resolve your complaint within five working days of the complaint being made.
- In the event that we are unable to resolve your complaint within this timescale, we will inform you, prior to the expiry of this five-day period, why we are unable to resolve it at that time, what will happen next and when we expect to be able to write to you with a final response.
However, if you find you are still not completely satisfied with our final response then you can contact an independent body. Their service is independent, and they will only consider a complaint after you have fully completed Manheim’s complaint review process.
Please contact your local office
NAMA National Association of Motor Auctions - Head Office
201 Great Portland Street, London. W1W 5AB
Telephone: 020 7580 9122
Financial Conduct Authority
For any matters specifically related to our regulated activities, such as Credit Broking and Finance, Manheim are authorised and regulated by the FCA Authorisation (684315) who can be contacted at:
FCA Head Office
25 The North Colonnade, London. E14 5HS
Telephone: 0800 111 6768
Manheim Terms and Conditions of business can be accessed at www.manheim.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions or upon request at Manheim auction centres.